Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm a Child.

What do you do when life doesn't go the way you planned for it to?

That is a question that I've been wrestling with all day. Looking back on my life, if I were to have written my own story (with a fresh clean slate) I would have written something completely different for myself. Maybe not fame and fortune, but I would have loved a life void of pain, suffering, and heartbreak.

Now wouldn't that be nice? Kind of. But that's yet to come (in Heaven), but for now struggle is important in the process of growth and maturity: "After you have suffered a while, he himself will mend that which is broken (1 Peter 5:10)."

If all the struggles and sufferings were eliminated, we would not grow any more than would a child. Our Heavenly Father wants to see his kids grow up.

The name of God I got at the Women's All Night In Prayer (for what God was going to personally be for me this year), was "Father-Daddy." I am realizing more and more how God desires to be my father. My PERFECT Father. A Father that never has and NEVER WILL fail me.
Tonight,I feel like child... going through moments of rebellion. I'm stubborn and fickle- surrendering things to the Lord, and a day later, trying to take it back; insisting that my way is best. But my patient, ever-loving, all-knowing Father knows best and has my best in mind. He wants me to grow up and trust Him.

God calls us to be Child-LIKE in our faith. Not Childish. :)

10 things I am specifically thankful for from God, my Father-Daddy this week:

1. Protection- It has been SO evident that He has been protecting me from things that I do or don't realize are harmful to me.
2. Provision- He is always ENOUGH.
3. Comfort-(2 Cor 1:3-4; Ps 34:18)
4. Prayer- He is praying for me (and you!), specifically.
5. LOVE- The God of the Universe, Creator of the whole world loves us! Should I say more? :]
6. Patience- I am crazy, stubborn, foolish and impulsive at times, and the Lord (My Dad) is so patient. His mercy remains.
7. Direction & Guidance- Realizing my plans stink... and His way is best.
8. His loving discipline- Sometimes, I just need to get a wake up call. :o)
9. He is always up- If I am having a hard time sleeping, I can curl up on my bed and spend time with him; ask him questions, tell him what's going on in my life, and he CARES. (1 Peter 5:7)
10. He is sympathetic- Sometimes when no one else in the world can understand exactly how you feel, My God can. My Dad can. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jess: I am still so thankful for the day we "randomly" ran into each other at Ava! I love how our Father orchestrates divine encouraging moments like that. Thanks for sharing parts of your walk in this blog.
    <3 Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Jessica! I have loved the whole blogging process and getting ones thoughts out there. It truly does change lives when we see others who struggle right along with us. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hope whoever stumbles upon this blog and reads it is blessed. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. :)