Saturday, January 29, 2011

The lie I held in my hand

Just been thinking about some of the idols in my heart.... Who or what have I placed as more important than God in my life? I may not have said it out loud, but what does my life say? During my solo time with God, I am encouraged.

He asks for one thing: "Return to me, for I have redeemed you." Isaiah 44: 22

"The void God created in our lives WILL demand attention. Whether or not we realize it, we look desperately for something to satisfy us and fill the empty places."
your relationships, food, exercise, clothes, your job, your reputation, money.... whatever it is...

"Our craving to be filled is so strong that the moment something or someone seems to meet our need, we feel an overwhelming temptation to worship it."


--- "The poor deluded fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can't help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, 'Is this idol that I'm holding in my hand a lie?'" Isaiah 44:20

So often I feed on ashes instead of feeding on the Word of God, my breath of life. How many times will I allow myself to be mislead by things that won't satisfy and will just leave me empty?

Savior, keep saving me. Thank you for your mercy and your grace.

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope whoever stumbles upon this blog and reads it is blessed. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. :)